Friday, July 01, 2005

Caught in the 80s...Again!

Sure, I'd like to sit here and talk about the important issues of our day...the first woman on the Supreme Court retiring today, George W lying AGAIN in his speech the otherday that 9/11 and Iraq are linked, a good ole WV girl marrying Ben Affleck...

But really, I just wanted to offer brief comments on a fine tv program I caught last night -- "Hit Me Baby One More Time." I'm almost embarrassed to say that I hadn't caught this show earlier in the season, as this is something right up my alley. Anyway, this was a fun show that really did throw me back to my leg warmers and jelly bracelets. I felt like I was watching a slightly updated version of "Solid Gold." There were the 80s-influenced graphics, the British host who had little to say, and crappy pop music as the cheesy topping. However, it should be noted that washed up 80s pop wonders are not better singers 20 years later.