Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Name Your Fave Movie Line

So the American Film Institute today released their top 100 movie lines. See the list here: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050622/ap_on_en_mo/film_movie_quotes_list_1

Some are good, some are dumb. I’ll let you decide if you like their choices, but in the meantime, here are a few off the top of my head that should have been included. I could have included more from “When Harry Met Sally” but I’m trying to spread the wealth (or trying not to look like I’ve memorized the movie).

“I love the smell of commerce in the morning.” – Mallrats

“Sally, please report to me.” – When Harry Met Sally

“What I’m saying is that men and women can’t be friends because the sex part always gets in the way.” -- When Harry Met Sally

“You're the worst kind. You're high maintenance, but you think you're low maintenance.” – When Harry Met Sally

“I’m Andrew Shepherd and I am the president.” – The American President

“She could use some mascara and some serious highlights, but otherwise, she's not completely unfortunate looking.” – Legally Blonde

“Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?” – The Breakfast Club

5 comments:

Bruiser Woods said...

Some of my favorites:

"But what? Everyone I know has a big but. C'mon Simone, let's talk about your big but." - Pee Wee's Big Adventure

"Oh, sexy girlfriend!" - Sixteen Candles

"Besides, we both know I'm training to be a cage fighter." - Napoleon Dynamite

"Would you like a chocolate covered pretzel?" - Mallrats

"But I wanted to go to Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!" - Star Wars

Elle Woods said...

Kudos to both Bruiser and little_lulu for some fabulous lines, esp more from Mallrats and You've Got Mail (two of my favorites).

Anonymous said...

Where to begin? I'm going to limit myself to 10, each from a different movie, and in no particular order.
---------------------------

1) My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

2) Looks like two pigs fightin' under a blanket.

3) No, no. Psychopaths kill for no reason. I kill for *money*.

4) Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease.

5) One question: do you need someone or do you need me?

6) The first rule of prep school etiquette is to pretend you're asleep when your roommate's beating off.

7) Money! I hate, loathe, despise and abominate money!

You also spend it!

8) But enough about me, let's talk about you... what do YOU think of me?

9) You vindictive sack of silicone!

10) From that moment on, I was a dead duck.

Okay, one more:

10.5) I am removing the superfluous buns!

Bruiser Woods said...

I can't believe I left this one out:

"Full of grace! Full of grace!" - Pecker

Elle Woods said...

Goddss...I will have to research these to find their origins...

And Bruiser, you are SOOOO right as usual!! How could I EVER forget that one.