While we are all tired of lists about this or that, I highlight this list simply because the beautiful sitcom seems to be disappearing from current TV lineups. I love sitcoms, but children aren't growing up with great sitcoms anymore. There are no classic sitcoms on TV in 2008 (other than the modern-day cartoon sitcoms like Family Guy). Some may say CBS delivers a few to the airwaves, but really, CBS is just lame.
To add to the list dialogue, below are a few of my least fave sitcoms that the PopCrunch folks neglected to list (in no particular order):
- Alf - pure torture delivered by an annoying, furry animal.
- Beverly Hillbillies - even for "early days" sitcoms, this is unwatchable!
- 3rd Rock from the Sun - Aliens plus John Lithgow equals absurdity.
- Harry and the Hendersons - Alf failed, why would this be any better? Even more scary is that this show was on for three seasons.
- Step by Step - Suzanne Somers jumped the shark with this family crap.
- Dharma & Greg - lead characters not interesting enough for a show, with Jenna Elfman annoying everyone.
- Ned & Stacey - yet another show with boring characters. Do people really get married for a good apartment?
- Three's a Crowd - one of the dumber ideas for a spinoff. Poor Jack Tripper.
- Roseanne - yeah, I know some people really dig this show, but Roseanne was annoying and hard to watch. Same with her lug of a husband.